Emile ford and the checkmates emile ford at gröna lund
He was educated at St Mary’s College , Castries. He moved to London with his mother and family in the mid-1950s, partly motivated by his desire to explore improved sound reproduction technology,  and studied at the Paddington Technical College in London.  It was during this time that he taught himself to play a number of musical instruments , including guitar, piano, violin, bass guitar and drums. Using an abbreviated form of his name, as Emile Ford, he first entered show business at the age of 20, and made his first public performance at the Buttery, Kensington . His first appearance with a backing group was at the Athenaeum Ballroom in Muswell Hill . His TV appearances in 1958 included outings on The Music Shop , the Pearl Carr & Teddy Johnson Show , Oh, Boy! , and Six-Five Special .
During October 1959 the group recorded a beaty version of the 1916 show tune What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For? and success was instant. The single raced to the top of the British chart in January 1960 and stayed there for six weeks, earning Emile Ford his first gold disc for sales in excess of one million.
Ford’s first hit launched him on a frantic few years of broadcasts and touring. He appeared several times on Sunday Night at the London Palladium, as well as other television music shows. Most of his live performances were as part of package shows featuring numerous acts. He toured with such luminaries as Bobby Darin, the Everly Brothers , the Shadows and Duane Eddy.
- Kid Vicious - #002
- Los Datsun's - Quien Parará La Lluvia - Nuestro Amor No Es Costumbre
- Various - Weekend World Archive Collection Vol. 2
- Jörg Mikula Drumsongs
- Ernst-Ludwig Petrowsky Ernst Ludwig Petrowsky • Synopsis - Synopsis
- Sesame Street - Learning About Letters
- Various - Guitar Workshop Vol. 3 Direct Disk
- Paloma San Basilio Perlas
- Wolfgang Nitschke - Bestsellerfressen - Das Elend Hat kein Ende
- DJ Klem Klem Cachetofiesta
- Za Frûmi - Za Shum Ushatar Uglakh
- Celluloide Hexagonal
- Conorach Through The Ages
- Mojinos Escozios - Mená Chatruá
- Bobby Watson - Bobby Watson
- Ray Charles - Till I Can't Take It Anymore - If You Were Mine
- Gifford Marvelous Come Follow We
- Agathocles - Thedead Criminalisation Of Strange Behaviour - ...Depression And Insanity...
- Babyfather - Cypher
- South Central Cartel South Central Hella